Monday, September 05, 2005

Beware: It Could Happen to You!


OK something came up that's immediate. It has little to do with Thing-Fish and pretty much nothing to do with my trip to Hawaii, (which I will get back to within a week or so). But I have to deal with it here.

I'm here to tell you that there is a vast, sinister internet conspiracy goin' on. It dictates that if you maintain a blog, you may be tagged. If you are, and you're willing to play, here's what you're supposed to do:

1) At your blog, present a list of ten songs that you have been diggin' lately.

2) Then tag five more people.

Thanks to Jarrod for tagging me. Following his example, I'm cheating by adding an extra song:

Where Eagles Dare - The Misfits
Mary of Silence - Mazzy Star
Cocaine Blues - Johnny Cash
Gimme a Pigfoot - Bessie Smith
A Pox on You - Silver Apples
You Crummy - Lee "Scratch" Perry
Philosophy of the World - The Shaggs
Welfare Love - Kool Keith
White Blur 2 - Aphex Twin
A Cosmic Telephone - Kali Bahlu
Louie Louie - The Stooges (Hands down, the best version
of this song ever.)

I don't know many other people who maintain a blog. So I just kind of hunted down some blogs that sounded interesting. I'm off to tag their owners now and will list them here presently.

Thanks for playing...

6 comments:

Jarrod said...

Nice list, we definitely listen to alot of the same stuff. Thanks for reminding me how good that Mazzy Star album is.

Steve Forceman, P.I. said...

Hey thanks, Jarrod. I liked your list too. Looks like we both have good taste. Or bad taste of the same kind. Or something.

I actually just got the Mazzy Star album. I liked the single way back when, but it's taken me this long to pick up the CD. Talk about motivation!

Anyway, thanks again for tagging me.

Jarrod said...

Let's go with good taste. Anyone trying to argue with us would lose anyway because we'd just drown them out with Raw Power.

That Mazzy Star single still holds up. I really like the last song on the album too, I think it's the title track.

Glad I tagged you. I'll be checking back regularly.

Steve Forceman, P.I. said...

I'll be hanging at your blog too. It's a nice one.

Meanwhile, I've got one barrel loaded with Iggy and the other with Sabbath. (Brainiac for my next shot.) That'll show 'em!

Linda said...

Hello, Steve! You left a comment on my blog and I'm thrilled at what's here...I'm sad that I wasn't tagged, though...Even though I wasn't asked and in no particular order:
A Single Wish-This Mortal Coil
Tatooed Love Boys-Pretenders
Twilight-Elliott Smith
Time is Money(Bastard)-Swans
You Don't Know What Love Is-Chet Baker
King Ink-Birthday Party
How to Disappear Completely-Radiohead
Speak to me Someone-Gene
Decades-Joy Division
Sexy Little Girl Princess-Lisa Germana
That's with serious narrowing down,little attention to detail, and already regretting choices made....

Steve Forceman, P.I. said...

Now that really is a good list, Linda. I love Radiohead. And The Pretenders. And The Swans. And Chet Baker... And more of those artists.

Some, I'm not familiar with, so I'll have to get digging after them. (You can never have too much good music.)

I wish I had tagged you. 'Matter of fact, I would've if I'd found you before I'd tagged the other people on my list. (Not that I don't like them too.)

What's more, I felt a real connection to the stuff you put up at your blog. It's powerful stuff.